Trip To The Hills

 

A trip to Himachal Pradesh and its welcoming mountains is one of the most refreshing and memorable experiences anyone can have. At any moment, one can simply pack their bags and set out on the winding roads that lead to majestic mountain peaks, lush valleys, and breathtaking landscapes. The beauty of these scenic routes is difficult to capture in words alone. This road trip, however, is one that will always remain close to my heart.

Packing luggage and snacks for the journey has always been a tradition whenever my family planned a trip. This time, however, felt different. As someone who had visited the hills before, I expected the journey to be familiar. I thought I already knew the sights that awaited me, but little did I know that this trip would leave me amazed all over again.

We started our journey a little later than planned in the afternoon, hoping to reach our destination by late evening. As our car sped along the highways, the excitement slowly began to build. I looked forward to stopping at the roadside refreshment camps that usually line the route at this time of harsh summer , but nature had its own plans. Within a short while, dark clouds gathered overhead, and soon heavy rain began to pour.

 The weather made driving difficult, and eventually we had no choice but to pull over and wait for the rain to ease. We took a short break at a roadside dhaba, where a hot cup of tea and freshly made parathas gave our bellies a moment of relief and our bodies nourishment and nutrition. Refreshed and energized, we resumed our journey towards the mountains.

As the plains gradually disappeared behind us, the towering hills of Himachal Pradesh welcomed us with open arms. Every bend in the road revealed a new spectacle—mist-covered mountains, rainy hilltops , dazzling waterbodies, and endless valleys stretching into the horizon. The smooth mountain highways made the drive comfortable, while the drizzled breeze made us open the windows as we longed for fresh air.

After almost five years away from the hills, I felt as though I was returning to a place of peace. The mountains seemed to wash away the stress and chaos of everyday life. Every view was more beautiful than the last, leaving me speechless. I tried capturing these moments through my camera lens, recording videos , but no picture could truly do justice to the beauty unfolding before my eyes. Some experiences are simply meant to be lived rather than captured.

We reached our destination exactly as planned and were warmly welcomed by our relatives. After settling in, I quietly sat on the hillside, admiring the magnificent mountain landscape before me. The cool evening breeze, the peaceful silence, and the endless view of the valleys created a moment of complete serenity. As the day came to an end, I opened my laptop and began editing the clips I had recorded. With every video I watched, I relived the journey once again, realizing that this road trip was much more than just travelling to another place—it was a reminder that sometimes the journey itself becomes the most beautiful destination.

This trip to Himachal Pradesh reminded me that nature has a unique way of healing the mind and refreshing the soul. The winding roads, the rain-soaked mountains, the warm cups of tea, and the unforgettable scenery combined to create memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. It was not just a road trip; it was an experience that brought me closer to nature and gave me a renewed appreciation for the simple joys of travelling.


Aprajit Singh Thakur

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Year At College